Getting things done isn't easy. That's why we're excited to offer the Effective Groups Workshop!
• Perplexed why it’s so hard to get things done
• (Or others in the group) scared of conflict?
• Frustrated by others on your team?
• Convinced that it shouldn't be this hard to work with others?
• Unhappy about power dynamics but don't know what to do about it?
• Wanting to run out the door at meetings?
• Thinking “it’s easier to just do it myself”!!!
Then you need Effective Groups Training!
Effective Groups is a 2-day skills-building training for individuals and teams. It started with Transition Town Groups in mind but this course is really for anyone involved in social change efforts.
Effective Groups is a dynamic and engaging training course which covers key skills for collaboration, including:
• Creating systems for teams to work effectively together
• Developing an enjoyable and fair atmosphere to work within
• Making order in the chaos to find freedom within a structure
• Utilizing diverse perspectives as an advantage instead of a problem
• Balancing achieving goals with keeping your team healthy and effective
• Managing conflicting needs and paradoxes, both within and outside the team
• Develoing the skills & mindset to cross stony ground without falling out (or over) with each other!
The Effective Groups weekend workshop helps Transition Initiatives develop facilitation skills and tools to navigate the ups/downs of the various phases of group development - forming, storming, norming & performing. Check out this short video to learn more.
Effective Groups comes from integrating 20 years experience of working in social change projects, intentional communities and ecovillages and conventional and cutting edge organizational and leadership models. It is open to anyone involved in any kind of social change work, with preference given to groups using the Transition model to inform their work.
In October 2013, Transition US hosted Transition Network/Transition Glastonbury's Nick Osborne, creator of the Effective Groups Course, for a teleseminar, three two-day Effective Workshops, and three Effective Groups Train the Trainer workshops. In 2014, we offered the first Effective Groups workshops taught by a US trainer, Don Hall from Transition Sarasota, FL. Please contact us if you're interested in hosting an Effective Groups training in your community or region.
More information on the course is at: https://www.transitionnetwork.org/training/courses/effective-groups