Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 9:00am - Friday, March 1, 2013 - 5:00pm
To learn more and register for this exciting course please visit the Esalen website.
The converging crises of climate change, oil depletion, and economic instability cannot be solved separately or with technological miracles, but by lessening dependence on fossil fuels. But this doesn’t mean a bleak future. The heart of transition is the belief that by engaging with enough imagination and ingenuity to unlock the collective genius of our communities, we can choose a future that is more just and sustainable than what we have now.
- Explore the opportunities for transformation presented by the challenges of peak oil, climate change, and economic instability
- Learn key concepts of the transition model, including permaculture principles, community visioning, and setting up transition groups
- Raise awareness of the need for transition
- Meet other change leaders
- Explore concepts of addiction to consumption and oil and the psychology of change
- Establish an action plan for yourself and your community
- Visit sustainable projects at Esalen
- Have fun!
Time for yoga, meditation, walks, community-building exercises, baths, and dancing is included.