Some of the projects your gift will help us strengthen and create are:
- Our first National Gathering (summer 2017)
- Dialogues Across Difference(and a more inclusive movement reflecting the diversity of our communities)
- Empowering grassroots Transition leadershipthrough the Collaborative Design Council and National Working Groups
- Building Capacity and Seed-Funding opportunities across our network
- REconomy Projectto catalyze Transition enterprises within our communities
- The spread of Transition Streets, a neighborhood energy-,water-, waste- reduction project, through partnerships with allied organizations and local governments
- Emergency Preparedness Addendumto use pre- or post- Transition Streets
- Distributing Replicable Community-Engagement Models and processes into the hands of community leaders
- Elevating Stories of Impact and Possibility through a new website
- On-site and online Leadership Development Trainings
- And more!
Your support enables all this. Thank you!
In order to transition towns and cities throughout the US to be fully resilient in the face of climate change, fossil fuel depletion and economic vulnerability we will work with Transition Initiatives in the following programmatic areas:
Transition Streets - a neighborhood carbon-, water- waste- reduction project, adapted from UK’s Transition Network by Transition US and a host of extraordinary volunteers from across the country. In 2016 Transition US will:
- Facilitate the spreading of the Transition Streets model to community groups and individuals through partnerships with allied organizations and local governments.
- Provide ongoing direct technical assistance and peer-to-peer support to local organizers who are implementing Transition Streets in their communities.
- Complete an online evaluation tool to track carbon-, water-, waste- savings of Transition Streets participants, as well as to track overall project impacts.
- Develop an advanced water-saving module for drought-stricken regions and an emergency preparedness module to be used either pre- or post- Transition Streets.
A goal of ours is to increase our Transition Streets staffing capacity to one half-time position so that the number of households implementing Transition Streets throughout the U.S. could more quickly climb to the thousands.
REconomy is a model that not only creates local businesses and all of the benefits those create, but actually fosters community resilience. REconomy businesses fill real community needs, they are resource minimal (water, energy, etc.), and they are more than profit -- holding the goals of providing decent livelihoods (including coops, collectives, worker-owned business), investing profits into community, and providing affordable, sustainable products and services to consumers. In 2016 Transition US will:
- Following on the launch of the REconomy case studies report “25 Enterprises that Build Community Resilience” we will offer REconomy learning cohorts to support clusters of 5-10 local Transition Initiatives in implementing REconomy activities within their communities. Skill-building TeleSeminars, peer-mentoring TeleSalons, and an on-line interactive platform for sharing information and hosting discussions will form the infrastructure for these cohorts.
- Pilot a local or regional economic assessment (to determine where dollars within a given sector are going, and how many are staying within the region). The assessment will provide a common foundation for economic stakeholders to identify new business niches that would keep dollars within the community.
A goal of Transition US is that within the next three years some revenue from these resilience-building enterprises will support the work of local Transition Initiatives.
Social Justice Initiative:The collaboration between Transition and social justice efforts is becoming more apparent in Transition Initiatives throughout the country. To enable this TUS will:
- Host TeleSeminars with social justice experts within the greater resilience-building field, convene peer-mentoring TeleSalons, post guest blog posts, build a resources section on the Transition US website, and facilitate the participation in anti-oppression and power dynamics trainings.
- Develop a US Transition training to be delivered in Spanish.
A goal of Transition US is that within three years Transition Initiatives will in the US will be more and more reflective of the demographics in this country.
Building the Capacity of the Network: To strengthen the impact of local Transition Initiatives Transition US will:
- Offer monthly skill-building TeleSeminars and peer-to-peer TeleSalons.
- Convene quarterly National Network Calls to provide support to the emerging Transition leaders, to help increase their convening and coordinating functions, and to share governance structures and best practices.
- Continue to convene a Collaborative Design Council to: connect local Transition leaders across the country to build relationships; improve flow of communication between Transition US, local Transition Initiatives, and Regional Hubs; share ideas & resources, provide feedback on Transition US activities; and to collaborate on projects, fundraising, and capacity-development.
- Continue to share replicable models and resources through our newsletters and website.
A goal of Transition US is that within five years, our emphasis on capacity building will result in significantly more robust and effective Transition Initiatives and a network of thriving Regional Transition Hubs.
Inner Transition: To support community leaders in creating balance and inner resilience within their own lives, and help them ripple that out into their Transition Initiatives and communities. Transition US will:
- Offer TeleSeminars and peer-to-peer TeleSalons with practitioners of various awareness practices and disciplines.
- Provide stories, blogs and resources on individual/group practices and community awareness-raising exercises.
- Convene Courageous Conversations and Dialogues Across Difference so that community members can better understand one another, build bonds of trust, and increase community well-being.
- Continue to share stories of impact through our newsletters and website.
A goal of Transition US is that within three years, Inner Transition will be an integral part of the fabric in all Transition Initiatives, their projects, and their impacts.
Transition US is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
A one-time (or better yet a monthly or recurring pledge) can be made safely and securely below through our partners Network For Good or Paypal.
|Network For Good
You can also make donations by check. Our mailing address is:
PO Box 917
Sebastopol, CA 95473
Please make checks payable to Transition US.